The Latest News from Tenpins & More
April 24, 2017
* Former Rams team-member Josh Herschman of Rio Rancho broke through for his first three-game series above 800, and what a breakthrough it was! Games of 300 (his second), 255 and 289 gave him an 844 set, one of the highest bowled at Tenpins & More in it's 34-year existence. Not only that but Herschman did it in a slower-paced four person team league, the Tuesday night 2+2 loop.
* Jeff Jones kept his best game for last as he eked out a win in the first roll-off for paid entry in to the $ 60,000 New Mexico Open at Tenpins & More this August 18-20. Jones beat Rams graduating senior anchorman, Carson Opela 268-232 after losing the opening salvo tied at 224 apiece and 40-39 in a tie-breaker.
* Ed Thorman bowled the tournament of his life at the annual Easter Doubles Marathon at Tenpins & More, winning it with Demost Quintana on a 7-1 record. Thorman opened quietly with 193, then never looked back, adding 237, 239, 241, 246, 247, 259 and 247 to average a personal best 245.1 for the last seven games and 238.6 overall. Second place went to Samantha Garafolo and Tyler Grier with 6-2, while third was won by Dan Price and Scott Wiley in a play-off over Dan Brenning and Bobbie Vega.
* Adrienne Hare was able to drop a 177 in a best-three-of-four singles event to win with 716, ahead of youth and high school coach, Ron Michel, with 695, Dennis Helmick 691 and tied for fourth, Rick Benard and Danny Cobine with 671.
* Upcoming: (click here to go directly to the calendar)
Sat Apr 22: Family Fun Day at 12.30 pm
Sun Apr 23: Color Pin Cash at 9.30 am
Fri Apr 28-Sun Apr 30: Pentathabowl at various times
Dream Bowling Inc. © 2017