Scratch Match-Play Series
watch the calendar and this page for future dates
with Sponsorship by:
GREAT PRIZE-MONEY! AT LEAST $625 ADDED BY Wayne Luco, DDS & TENPINS & MORE.
Entries open to all men and women bowlers, limited only by lane availability. CALL (505) 892-7117 TO RESERVE YOUR QUALIFYING SPOT.
$70 Entry fee; re-entries ONLY $49. Bowl 6 games (3x2) to qualify. Top 16 bowl double-elimination 1-game matches. Lose twice before you're out.
Finals start at 2pm on SUNDAY, MARCH 31. Winner gets $750 GUARANTEED.* *(See rule 6 below) Entry Forms available at the front desk.
THIS EVENT WILL BE BOWLED ON THE REGULAR HOUSE SHOT
Rules & Regulations:
1. ELIGIBILITY: All bowlers may enter. However, the Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse entry to any bowler.
2. GENERAL RULES: The tournament will be conducted in accordance with general playing rules and regulations of the USBC. The Center official however reserves the right to make all decisions.
3. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All qualifying games must be bowled over two lanes with foul lights in operation, unless only one lane is available due to breakdown. This tournament will be bowled on the REGULAR HOUSE SHOT.
4. LANE BREAKDOWN: Should it be necessary and able to move due to a lane breakdown, scores will be transferred. Two practice balls will be allowed on each of the new lanes per 1O-mlnute delay. Minimum 2 balls, maximum 4 balls will be allowed.
5. FORMAT: Qualifying will be held In three 2-game sets at Tenpins & More in Rio Rancho on Friday, MARCH 29 AT 3:30PM, SATURDAY, MARCH 30 at 1Pm and SUNDAY, MARCH 31 at 9am & 11:30am. Entries will be accepted through the last squad, providing lanes are available.
6. ENTRY FEE: Entry fee per qualifying attempt is $70. Re-entry charge is $49. Lineage fee for 6 games is $16 with the remainder applied to prize-money and the $165 finals lineage fee on MARCH 31. All money subscribed as prize-money will be returned 100 percent to the place-getters. Event sponsors - WAYNE LUCO, DDS and TENPINS & MORE will add at least $625 prize-money to the pay-off, including $750 guaranteed to the winner, regardless of number of entries, unless voted lower by majority of finalists.*
7. BOWLER'S RESPONSIBILITY: It is the bowler's sole responsibility to return their own qualifying score sheet to the front desk, no later than five (5) minutes after the last ball has been thrown in that squad. Any and all score sheets not returned in that time-frame will be considered invalid and the bowler will effectively disqualify themselves.
8. FINALS: The top 16 scorers return by 2 pm on SUNDAY, MARCH 31 when they bowl 1- game matches, in winner's and loser's brackets, until they lose twice and are eliminated.
9. TIES: If a tie occurs for 16th place all bowlers involved bowl one game then if necessary a one-ball roll-off until the issue is decided. It is the bowler's sole responsibility to know if they are required for a tie-breaker roll-off. If a tie occurs in any 1-game match, a 9th/10thframe roll-off will decide the outcome. In all Instances, the bowler on the left lane will bowl first.
10. PRIZE-LIST: First place will pay $750 with added money from WAYNE LUCO, DDS and TENPINS & MORE, down to 12th place or lower, depending on total entries received.
11. EMERGENCIES: Premature termination of the tournament due to war, national or local emergency, or causes related to fire, natural disaster or any other reason beyond the control of Tenpins & More shall cause, to the extent thereby required, all advertised prizes, guaranteed or otherwise, to be pro-rated in accordance with the number of entrants who have already bowled in the event up to the time of such termination.