About Us . . .
Tenpins & More, Rio Rancho's only bowling center, has been a local fixture since 1983, serving up bowling, games, food and beverages to an average of more than 2,200 people every week for over 30 years.
It is a gathering place for folks of all ages looking to participate in all sorts of activities, as the name "& More" implies. Regular league and tournament bowlers ranging in age from 3 to 99, as well as occasional customers, all enjoy the family friendly atmosphere and excitement that bowling can provide. Bowlers can eat before, during and after their games in either "Food in the Fast Lane" or "The Perfect Shotz Sports Bar & Grill."
Snacks served at the bowling center include huge burritos, club sandwiches, large quesadillas that require two people to eat, and a nacho supreme dish that could feed the whole bowling team!
Tenpins & More caters for more than 350 birthday parties a year as well as company parties/ team builders and numerous private functions that have included weddings, engagements, baby showers, bar and bat mitzvahs, and just about anything else.
When you add in the Perfect Shotz Sports Bar alongside 13 satellite TV's feeding sports from all over the country, it's certain there is plenty going on at Tenpins & More. Friday Karaoke Fun starts around 9pm.
With reasonable pricing throughout, numerous specials, 35 different beers from which to choose and a full range of other alcoholic beverages, a good time can always be had inside Tenpins & More. Click here for Hours, Pricing and More!
Call 892-7117 after noon or any day for lane reservations and other inquiries.
• Plenty of lanes are kept aside to allow people the opportunity to bowl for recreation and/or practice. Phone reservations are always welcomed.
• Special league bowler Perks Club savings are substantial as well as getting Pro-Shop and Snack Bar discounts.
• Corporate parties, company picnics and fundraisers have also become popular, particularly with Intel, Hewlett-Packard, and many other local companies. These include bowling, food and beverages and are proving an inexpensive and fun way to help people get along better at the workplace. More often than not, these gatherings are held "on the clock."
A Short History of Our Bowling Center:
• Tenpins & More started life in Rio Rancho in 1983 as Ranchero Bowl.
• Bowling business veteran, Steve Mackie, an Australian, purchased the Center in December, 1999, bringing with him more than 40 years operating experience in the industry.
• He is married to Albuquerque's Dana Miller-Mackie, the best-known professional bowler in the state of New Mexico.
• Brother-in-law pro-bowler, Mike Miller, is a co-owner and runs the Pro-Shop, offering coaching lessons at the Center at certain times.
• There are more than 30 full and part-time employees ready to help you enjoy your bowling every time you visit.
• More than $750,000 has so far been spent on numerous equipment and facility upgrades.
• We run it all - not only the Pro-Shop, but also the Snack Bar and new-look sports lounge that often has karaoke entertainment, along with TV sports on 13 screens, and weekly Poker tournaments every Sunday afternoon.
• Competitive leagues are a feature at Tenpins & More. There are more than 750 people bowling in different weekly leagues.
• Tenpins & More offers THE BEST league benefits package in the state. Next time you visit, check out the details.
• Kid's birthday parties are exploding! From only one a month there is often more than twelve a week, including some after school on Wednesdays when "Glow" bowling is offered.
• "Glow" bowling sessions are held seven times a week on three different days - more than any other Bowling Center in town!
History in the Making:
Rio Rancho High School won the NMAA State AAAAA title in February, 2014 with a record-setting pinfall. Here is the eight-person squad and coaching staff.
We promoted, along with Strathpine Bowling Center in Brisbane, Australia, an International Challenge Match against a local USA team in March, 2012.